- The start date has been moved from June 1 to Monday, June 10th.
- Detour Signs will begin to be set up over the next few days.
- Visitors/lawn care suppliers/care takers/etc. of residents of this section of road will be allowed on to Papermill Road off of the Reber’s Bridge Road intersection. If stopped, they need to let the police officer/road crew member know what resident and address they are going to. During the repair process, people will not be able to get over the bridge, so the road will not be of use to anyone, but residents of this section of Paper Mill Road or the Legacy Development and their visitors. People traveling the road who are not visitors of residents or there to work for residents will be ticketed.
- We are asking for caution to be exercised in any travel you have to do on Paper Mill Road. Not only will the bridge repair be taking place, but the Township Road Crew will be taking this time of limited traffic to work on the shoulders of the road.
- The Township is taking a hard stand on anyone not a resident or guest of a resident being on this section of road, because this bridge repair is not a small undertaking. At times, the bridge will be totally removed, large beams will be moved over head by crane, and large equipment will be in and out of the area. We do not want to see workers or travelers getting hurt. We don’t want to be “fishing” anyone out of the water because they ignored signs or went around barriers. We are limited by weather, not only due to actual rain days, but also days after for the area to dry out. The Township wants to get the work done quickly, but correctly.
The Township appreciates everyone’s cooperation and we do recognize that this is a very big inconvenience for residents of the area, but we believe that when the work is completed we will have a safer … and “quieter” bridge.
Original message: On or about June 1st, Papermill Road will be closed from Reber’s Bridge Road to Tulpehocken Road for approximately three(3) months for repair to the Papermill Bridge. It will be closed all of June, July, and August. The time of the re-opening will be dependent on weather permitting the work to be accomplished. Detour signs will be posted. Residents of Papermill Road and The Legacy Development will be allowed to exit and enter Papermill Road from Reber’s Bridge Road, but should be prepared to show identification. All non-residents of Papermill Road and The Legacy Development found traveling or attempting to enter the closed section will be ticketed. Anyone found going a around or attempting to move barriers will be ticketed. Ticketing will start at $116.50.