Lower Heidelberg Township will be instituting their bi-yearly yard waste collection the week of October 4th 2021.
All yard waste must be curbside by Sunday evening, October 3rd. No exceptions.
Township employees will start collection Monday A.M. thru the developments. The rural roads will not be covered at this time. However, if the residents on the rural roads do have yard waste to be collected, please notify the Township office on Monday, October 4th for collection that week.
Following are the requirements for the yard waste collection:
BIODEGRADABLE YARD WASTE BAGS MAY BE PURCHASED AT HOME DEPOT AND LOWES
1. NO TRASH, BRICKS, ROCKS, STONES, CONCRETE, PAVERS OR PRESSURE TREATED WOOD OR POSTS.
2. All items must be bagged in biodegradable yard waste bags or bundled in lengths no more than 3 feet.
3. Grass must be bagged in biodegradable yard waste bags.
4. Branches and Trees must be bundled in 3 foot or smaller bundles with string not wire or tape.
5. Root balls may not be larger than 2 feet in diameter and must have most of the soil removed.
6. Plants must be removed from their containers.
7. Bushes must be tied with string making them manageable to lift.
8. Leaves will not be picked up at this time. The date for leaf collection will begin the week of October 11th, 2021.
ITEMS THAT DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE TAGGED AND NOT COLLECTED.