Lower Heidelberg Township will be instituting their bi-yearly yard waste collection the week of April 19, 2021.
All yard waste must be curbside by Sunday evening. No exceptions.
The Township employees will start collection Monday AM through the developments and will continue through the week.
The rural roads will not be covered at this time. However, if a rural road resident does have yard waste to be collected, please notify the Township office on Monday, April 19th, so special arrangements can be made.
Following are the requirements for the yard waste collection:
BIODEGRADABLE YARD WASTE BAGS MAY BE PURCHASED AT HOME DEPOT AND LOWES
- NO TRASH, BRICKS, ROCKS, STONES, CONCRETE, PAVERS OR PRESSURE TREATED WOOD OR POSTS WILL BE COLLECTED.
- All items must be bagged in biodegradable bags or bundled in lengths no more than 3 feet. with string/rope not wire or tape.
- Grass must be bagged in biodegradable yard waste bags.
- Branches and Trees must be bundled in 3 foot or smaller bundles with string/rope not wire or tape.
- Root balls may not be larger than 2 feet in diameter and must have most of the soil removed.
- Plants must be removed from their containers.
- Bushes must be tied with string making them manageable to lift.
- Leaves will not be picked up at this time.
ITEMS THAT DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE TAGGED AND NOT COLLECTED.